Well, the outcome of this work looks pretty simple yet a lot of unexpected errors and difficulties were overcame during the process. At the very first beginning, collecting dreams were not as smooth as I thought. I found out that the details of most dreams became very blurry once I woke and it was not easy to have some quite complete dreams written in details. And people do not dream everyday right? I was not so sure if I should go on...
Then I found that there were actually 7 pieces of dreams written down with quite complete details so I decided to have the key words pointed out and think of how each audio dreamscapes can be mixed with their artistic potential. Here are the initial mind-mapping process,
And during the sound sources picking and mixing processes, there were some frustrating moments too. Since some sample rate problems occurred(googled later on), 2 finalised tracks cannot be exported from Soundtrack pro with their best sonic qualities in mp3 format and after some researches in google I decided to change their format in wave which, causing me this beginner another concern of how to put those bigger sound files online in this blog...
I didn't want to simple putting all those download links here since I wanted the audience to have the words read and composition heard at the same time. I was trying to hosting all the sound files in Sendspace so to get the links for the codes allowing a online music player embed in website...However, the hosting system was extemely weak and overloaded that the link could only for the download purposes but a strong and stable link for html.
I was so pissed off and not sure if it was the problem of the music play html codes so I decided to make those tracks into mov file and send them to youtube for some vaild video links instead.
Yet those mov files took forever to be compressed and successfully uploaded due to their abnormal giant sizes-from the average 2 mb sound file each became the 1 GB mov file. I was feeling so hopeless yet I did not want to give it my rule of keeping a vaild music player in each of the dreamscapes so I went back to the point of mp3 hosting sites and eventually decided to use the ftp of scm server. THANKS GOD THOSE LINKS WORK WELL WITH THE MUSIC PLAYER CODES!!!!!! THEY CAN BE PLAYED ONLINE FINALLY. I was like an idoit and decided to stick to school server forever! The scm server is much stable!!!!!!!!
However the music players do not work so well in this blog since they kind of making the blogger server overloaded...........................................Then I decided to make my own webpages by using Dreamweaver yet I did not consider the best way to present this work since this blogger site is originally have all the daily details recorded this month and it's part of the work! Anyways I did give a try in making webpages in order to smoothen the audio tracks playing speed.
Eventually I gave up the web-site making process since I found it not the very original way that came to my mind while starting this project and I shouldn't change my rule easily just for some conveniences. I decided to keep this blog but I am also figuring a better way to access this blog with the music player embedded.
Last but not least, for the details and sound sources used for each dreamscapes please feel free to check out their individual pages.





No comments:
Post a Comment